So I’ve done my research! I can honestly say that I have tried all these devices and I’m about to lay some tech-review-style breakdown on you!
If you were like me at the time and you didn’t want to invest in a fancy bluetooth deck for your car, you probably looked online for one of those Bluetooth FM Transmitter Car Kit Radio Receivers. It seems easy enough, right? You plug the device into your car’s cigarette lighter receptacle (you know the port up front that you never use). This provides the power needed and you can tune in to some set radio station and beam tunes from your USB drive, SD card or over bluetooth from your phone just like the pros.
All music legally obtained of course!
So on to the main event.
Here are 3 similar devices that I have tried out myself. For each I’ll give my honest opinion and a breakdown of the main pros and cons that I think you might care about from my least favorite to most favorite. Maybe you can pick up one of these for the budget music lover in your life 😀
Alright Number 3:
- Goes on Amazon from about 10 bucks!
- Comes with a nifty remote for browsing folders and tunes
- 2 USB ports for charging your phone and listening to those tracks at the same time
- Bluetooth for those long drives where you want to listen to those podcasts that you’ve been saving up
- No AUX out – handy for the dodgy sound that can come with the FM transmitting
- Kind of flimsy
- There are some distortions in sound when *cruising* up the highway and using the FM transmitter
- Bluetooth calls, you may have to shout at it
Next is number 2:
Roav by Anker SmartCharge Car Kit F2, Wireless In-Car FM Transmitter Radio Adapter, Bluetooth 4.2 Receiver, Car Locator, App Support, Dual-USB Car Charger With Power IQ AUX Output USB Drive MP3 Player
- Roav is model from Anker who is a well known decent quality third-party charger manufacturer
- Dual USB for charging and listening to music
- AUX out cable for connecting to my car’s AUX in port – no more finicky FM sound when hitting the highway
- Bluetooth calls seem good
- More pricey, but I got mine in a Black Friday sale 😀
- No remote
- NO FOLDER SKIPPING! – If it weren’t for this I would have loved this device and we would have stopped right here
Finally my Number 1 Choice!
- Dual Charge and USB ports – CHECK
- Skipping Folders – DOUBLE CHECK
- Bluetooth calls – CHECK
- On-screen display – Wooo
- Nulaxy seems well reviewed
- Reasonably priced
- No remote – I guess we can’t win them all 🙁
To wrap up this little chat, I’d like to thank you for reaching this far in my little post. If you’re like me and love tech gadgets and don’t like to do much technical stuff then maybe one of these is a good choice for a stocking stuffer this holiday season.
If you’d like to see more innovative and modern tech developed from local, much more technical guys than me then check out these automation videos from Aura-Tech Solutions and Smart Home Supplies. Call us for a consultation on taking your home into the future!
Aura-Tech Solutions Limited: 299-4277 | firstname.lastname@example.org | auratechtt.com
Smart Home Supplies Limited: 312-0191 | email@example.com | smarthomett.com